Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Intro

          Hi my names Cisco, I'm in the pro photo program and am on my second semester. Before coming to Brooks I was supposed to attend Art Center to study character design and animation but changed my mind after being introduced to traditional film photography. I also have a small dog named Koshi that I’ve raised for the past three years. Some of my hobbies include drawing, painting, and collecting retro video games. One of the other things I like to do is play Super Smash Bros. on a competitive level. Before coming to Ventura I would go to tournaments on a regular basis to compete and sometimes win money.
           
            In terms of my photography I usually do a lot of double exposures and self-portraits. I prefer traditional methods over digital only for the fact that it feels like I put more effort into my work which is why I have started to paint and more on some of my digital prints. Two of my favorite photographers are Francesca Woodman and Man Ray who are well known for self-portraits/alternative post processing.
           
             Other things I enjoy are watching/reviewing movies. My favorite genre is horror because even if the movie is terrible it’s still slightly enjoyable. I find them fun to watch because I get scared very easily and actually enjoy the feeling of terror. Some of my favorite movies are Scott pilgrim Vs the World, Eternal Sunshines of the Spotless Mind, and Donnie Darko. I normally like anything that has an intricate story/creative world which is also why I normally play video games based off of their story. As silly as it seems there are actually a lot of movies/video games that inspire some of my art because of how beautiful the stories and characters are

1 comment: